Full / Part time Shop Supervisor Port Erin
Age Concern Isle of Man exists to improve health and well-being in later life and provide support to older people at times of need. We want to be the best we can be, always helping older people to get the best out of later life.
As an independent local charity, we depend on the generosity of our local community to raise the funds for our much needed services. This is a unique opportunity to join a great team who work for a fantastic cause, making a real difference to older people’s lives, delivering essential support for older people when they need us most.
Age Concern Port Erin, with occasional work in other locations to cover colleague absences
£21,840 pa full time (equals £12 per hour)
Full time: 35 per week 5 days out of 7
Part time: 21 per week 3 days out of 7 (salary and holidays pro rata)
About the role
- Achieve the highest sales and profitability possible in your shop, to raise funds for Age Concern IoM’s vital services for older people.
- Make sure everything runs smoothly, safely and legally, your team work well together, and your shop is known for outstanding customer service.
- Create eye catching window displays and keep the shop and displays looking great. Have a keen eye for special quality items in donated stock, and make sure all items are priced appropriately and fairly.
- Be an ambassador for Age Concern, and a positive role model for your team, as a key part of the charity’s strong link with our local community.
- Highly motivated and professional, very organised, and able to manage your own workload and work independently
- Pro-active, and commercially aware, you are experienced in retail or business management, with passion to maximise income.
- Leading by example, you implement the highest standard of customer care and service, and create a warm, friendly and welcoming shop.
- You will be experienced in training and supervising staff and be fully versed in all aspects of retail management including display, stock taking, banking, security, and health & safety.
- Based in the Port Erin Shop, you will have flexibility to work 5 days out of 7 (or 3 days out of 7 for part time post) and to provide occasional cover in other locations as needed.
Age Concern Isle of Man is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment. This role will require the completion of a satisfactory DBS check.
How to apply
For an application pack contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
5 Station Road, Port Erin, IM9 6AE
Application deadline 26th November 2021
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age Concern Isle of Man Charity no 549 www.ageconcern.im