AGE CONCERN RECRUITING BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
24 Sep 2021
Age Concern Isle of Man is an innovative and outward looking local charity, working to help thousands of local older people to improve their quality of life.
This exciting new role is a great opportunity for an experienced professional with outstanding leadership and relationship skills to help shape our charity for the future. We want to be the best we can be, consistently supporting older people to get the best out of later life and as part of our senior management team, you will play a key role in our success.
About the role
As an effective communicator, you will lead on income generation activities and engaging with key stakeholders to maintain current fundraising, whilst generating new income streams so we can sustain and grow our vital services.
You will work with a committed team to ensure that Age Concern Isle of Man has adequate income to sustain its current work year on year, and grow in line with the organisation’s strategic plans. This will include the ability to:
- Lead on Age Concern IoM’s income generation strategy.
- Ensure the right culture, skills, and knowledge are in place, making our income generation activities successful both in raising vital funds and in promoting the vision and values of the Charity.
- Optimise the income and sustainability of current Charity shops, open new retail outlets, identify and establish new income generation streams.
- Develop relationships with individuals, Trusts, Corporates and Community to secure financial and support in kind.
- Act as an ambassador for the charity, working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders as a key part of Age Concern IoM’s senior management team.
- Experienced in generating significant profits through a retail or other business operation with multiple units.
- Highly motivated and professional, very organised, and able to manage your own workload and work independently.
- A strong leader with great motivational skills who inspires team performance.
- Excellent communicator, able to build relationships with individuals of all ages and backgrounds.
- Competent and confident in use of technologies including Microsoft Office suite, CRM systems, online video conferencing, online marketplaces.
- Experienced at successfully setting and managing budgets.
- Tenacious, with the determination and drive to meet targets.
- Full of resilience to cope with challenging situations.
- Prepared to be hands-on when the job requires.
Age Concern Isle of Man is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
This role will require the completion of a satisfactory DBS check.
How to apply
This is a unique opportunity to join a great team who work for a fantastic cause, making a real difference to older people’s lives, delivering essential support for older people when they need us most.
Application Deadline: 04 October 2021
Please send your CV and covering letter to;
Director, Paragon Recruitment
firstname.lastname@example.org / 665115